Dr. Wendy Weintrob
Dr. Wendy Weintrob is a Functional Medicine Naturopathic Doctor and Acupuncturist who has has been practicing in the Bend community for over ten years. She brings a level of depth and experience to her integrative health practice that she has been cultivating for almost three decades. She employs a Functional Medicine model to get to the root cause of disease as the starting place for optimal health.
Dr. Weintrob’s approach is to connect, listen deeply and meet each patient where they are with compassion and kindness. The goal is to identify the root cause of your discomfort by taking a thorough health history and gathering lab work. The labs utilized are both traditional and specialized evidence- based Functional Medicine tests that are specific to your health. She then uses that data to create an individualized treatment plan and present options that will target your root cause. The most commonly used tools are: nutrition, lifestyle, physician grade-supplements, herbal medicine, and calming practices like meditation.
My goal is to educate and empower you to make the changes necessary to achieve optimal health and awaken your innate ability to heal yourself!
- Optimizing Wellness including mood, energy, sleep and weight
- Hormone Health: Adrenal, Thyroid, Male and Female hormones
- Gastrointestinal Health
- Chronic Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
- Lifestyle counselling and coaching including individualized Nutritional Programs
This is customized Integrative healthcare – designed to get to the upstream root cause.
Creating lasting strategies for optimal health, and the reversal of chronic disease.
I strongly believe that nutrition, digestion, sleep, exercise, time in nature and a practice that calms the nervous system are foundational to your health and happiness.
Dr. Weintrob lives in Bend, Oregon with her husband and son. When not in the clinic, you will most likely find her out on the trails or in the kitchen preparing fresh vegetables and sauces for her friends and family.
Education / Professional Background
- Founder/Owner of Glow Acupuncture and Naturopathic Medicine Bend, Oregon 2007- present
- State of Oregon Licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor (ND) (2005)
- State of Oregon Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc) (2005)
- Naturopathic Medical Doctorate from National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon (2005)
- Master’s of Science in Oriental Medicine from National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon (2005)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Sports Science with an emphasis in Cardiac Rehabilitation/ Pre Med (1995)
- Member of IFM, The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member of OANP, Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Functional Medicine Training
Dr. Wendy Weintrob’s postgraduate Functional Medicine Training
- Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry with Dr Datis Kharrazian (2008)
- Mastering the Thyroid with Dr Datis Kharrazian (2009 and 2011)
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) 5 day course (September 2015)
- Immune Advanced Practice Module (February 2016)
- Detox Advanced Practice Module (October 2016)
- Cardio Metabolic Advanced Practice Module (February 2017)
- Energy Advanced Practice Module (July 2017)
- Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module (October 2017)
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module (July 2018)
- Certification Exam: TBD