Blood sugar awareness and management is a hot topic right now. When a topic becomes hot, sometimes the course of action gets murky, so let’s discuss!
Blood sugar refers to the amount of sugar measured in your blood- typically measured via a finger prick amount of blood or through a blood draw. This “blood sugar” or “glucose” comes from the carbohydrate foods you eat or drink. Your body relies on glucose as a wonderful energy source. Elevated blood sugar is known as hyperglycemia. When hyperglycemia goes unchecked for long enough, the outcome is diabetes. While hyperglycemia is often without symptoms, diabetes can cause:
- Excessive thirst or dry mouth
- Frequent urination
- Excessive hunger
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Cortisol / Adrenal dysregulation
- Dark skin patches
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing wounds
- Irritability, Anxiety sensations
- Numbness / Tingling in extremeties
I think we can agree we would like to avoid that list! So what can YOU do to manage blood sugar levels?
Simple Ways to Manage Your Blood Sugar Levels
- How about a little organic apple cider vinegar with your meals- about 1-2 tablespoons in a small amount of water was found to measurably reduce blood sugar readings.
- Take a walk post meal. Research has shown that walking within 15-30 minutes after eating also significantly improved blood sugar levels after eating.
- Who loves cinnamon? We sure do! Adding Ceylon cinnamon to your foods throughout the day also helps to lower blood sugar- aim for 1 tsp.
- When you are planning your foods, whether a meal or snack, always combine the three food fuels together: Protein, fat and carbohydrate – in that order. Each of these are broken down and released as energy at different speeds so there are less chances of blood sugar dips and spikes.
Alpha-Lipoic Acid CR provides whole-body, multifunctional antioxidant activity that helps to maintain healthy, well-functioning cells. Alpha Lipoic Acid CR is designed to neutralize free radicals in both the water-based and lipid-based portion of cells, help the body synthesize glutathione, and recharge important antioxidants
As usual, high-quality foods, regular movement, stress management and quality sleep are the basics! If you need help navigating your blood sugar needs, we are here for you.
Continuous Glucose Monitors
*SPECIAL PROMO CODE*
A Continuous Glucose Monitor is a wonderful tool if you want to regularly track your glucose levels to help assess and understand how food, exercise, and life impact glucose & insulin levels. Click HERE for $25 off of your 1st month with NUTRISENSE Continuous Glucose Monitor.
Want more Inspired tips?
 “Blood Glucose (Sugar) Test.” 2023.
 “Diabetes Control: Is vinegar a promising candidate to help achieve targets?” 2018.
 “The Timing of activity after eating affects the glycemic response of health adults..” 2018.
. “Food order has significant impact on glucose and insulin levels.” 2015.