Michelle Hirschy-Baker is sharing her favorite pancake recipe! It’s super easy, healthy, and delicious. In her own words, “I am pretty passionate about this pancake. And let’s be honest – sometimes breakfast for dinner is the best so I will often eat this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s truly SO GOOD!” Michelle likes to top hers with nut butter, Greek yogurt and fresh fruit.
Michelle’s Favorite Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 – 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil for cooking
Combine the oats and chia seeds in a bowl.
Add just enough hot water to cover these and set aside for a few minutes to soften.
Mix in the 2 eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and vanilla extract to form a batter. Feel free to add more egg whites for extra protein.
Heat a saute pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon of coconut oil. When hot, pour the batter to form your pancake and flip when the edges start to turn brown.
Serve warm and top with yogurt, fresh fruit, nut butter or any of your other favorite toppings!
- Quick cooking oats are best but long cook work too
- Spices can be adjusted to your preference
- If you attempt to flip the pancake and it seems too floppy- remove spatula and let cook a little longer.