Balancing your hormones can unlock the secrets to optimal health!
Do you struggle with – Burnout, Low Libido, Weight Gain, Mood Swings, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Fatigue, PMS, Menopausal symptoms, Infertility?
The practitioners at Inspired Health specialize in lifestyle strategies to balance hormone health. We practice a new model of medicine that utilizes the highest quality diagnostic tools and technology from conventional medicine, as well as emerging functional medicine testing and tools that help us identify key imbalances that are the root of chronic illness.
Because the hormone system is complex, issues that arise rarely stem from just one hormone. If there is a disruption in the balance of hormone produced by one gland, it can cause imbalance in other hormones as well.
We utilize traditional and functional testing to determine the root cause of your hormone health concerns
Some examples of functional medicine tests we use:
- Traditional serum hormone testing throughout the month
- Expanded serum Thyroid Panel – including antibodies
- Functional Hormone Health Test: D.U.T.C.H. (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) through Precision Analytical Lab
- Watch this Video on the DUTCH Test by one of our colleagues, Dr. Carrie Jones ND.
Did you know?
- Chronic inflammation can impact thyroid function
- While PMS Symptoms are common, they are not a sign of hormone balance – you don’t have to struggle!
- Preconception healthcare is essential for proper fertility
- Waking up in the middle of the night (insomnia) is a sign of hormonal imbalance
- Craving sugar, stimulants (coffee, caffeine), mid-section weight gain and crashing in the middle of the afternoon is a sign of Adrenal dysregulation
- Waking unrefreshed and having a “second wind” or being a “night owl” are signs of Cortisol circadian rhythm dysregulation
Thyroid Health – Hypothyroid Disease + Autoimmune Connection
The thyroid is a key endocrine gland that guides and regulates your metabolism, glucose / insulin regulation, body temperature, and overall energy. Many women and men suffer from thyroid disease, and do not know that there can be an underlying Autoimmune connection.
The practitioners at Inspired Health are experts in supporting many Thyroid disorders, including Hashimoto’s Hypothyroid, Grave’s disease, goiter and Primary hypothyroidism. By addressing the underlying root cause of imbalance and inflammation, the thyroid can return to normal function with minimal hormonal replacement.
HPA Axis Dysregulation + Adrenal dysfunction
The HPA-Axis refers to the communication and the interaction between the Hypothalamus (H) and Pituitary (P) in the brain down to the Adrenal glands (A) that sit on top of the kidneys. HPA-Axis Dysregulation is a decrease in communication between the endocrine glands of the brain, and the function of the adrenal glands that characteristically manifests as a reduced output or alteration in the circadian pattern of adrenal hormone secretion including cortisol.
HPA Axis Dysregulation and Adrenal dysfunction results from continuous or sudden stress. It may begin abruptly, or as a result of periods of prolonged, repeated stress.
Both men and women have Optimal levels of Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone. Understanding this intricate balance is essential at optimizing overall hormone health. An imbalance in the sex hormones can lead to a variety of different symptoms.
We use data driven solutions to customize your journey towards optimal health.
Our practitioners are experts in the field of Functional Medicine and specialize in:
- Thyroid disease: Hypothyroid, Hashimoto’s, Grave’s, Goiter
- HPA Axis Dysregulation: Adrenal fatigue and dysfunction
- Fertility / Infertility
- PMS, PMDD
- Menstrual Cramps, Irregular Menses, PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), Breast tenderness
- Menopause, Peri-menopause: Hot flashes, Insomnia, Weight Gain, Night Sweats, Mood Swings, Joint Pain
- Low Testosterone in men
Various SOLUTIONS we offer to support your hormone health include:
- Customized Nutrition Plans – based off of your specific lab testing (biochemistry) and diagnosis
- Our Customized Nutrition plans go beyond the standard – ie: Whole30, Paleo, Anti-Inflammatory, Ketogenic, Vegeatarian / Vegan / Plant Based, Weight Watchers
- Remedies for Hormonal Imbalance: Herbs + Supplements – to help support your long term treatment strategy, and restore optimal hormone health
- Medication prescription and support
This is customized Integrative healthcare – designed to get to the upstream root cause.
Creating lasting strategies for optimal health, and the reversal of chronic disease.
We hope to teach and inspire you along the way.
Watch this Video on the DUTCH Test by one of our colleagues, Dr. Carrie Jones ND.