Michelle Hirschy-Baker FNP-C
Family Nurse Practitioner
Starting July 1st!!
Michelle Hirschy-Baker is a native Oregonian and Family Nurse Practitioner who has enjoyed bringing her passion for medicine to patients for more than 15 years. Before coming to Inspired Health, she began integrating functional medicine while practicing at a primary care clinic in Redmond.
“Our bodies are not betraying us when we do not feel well. They are actually trying to tell us we need to make changes to feel better.”
Today, she uses functional medicine and integrated approaches to helping people live better lives through increased energy, better sleep, and healthy digestion. She believes that true health comes from finding the root causes of illness, and partners with patients to develop individual treatment plans that use both traditional and functional medicine.
- Annual Physical Exams + Well-Woman Exams
- Gut / Digestive Health: IBS, IBD, SIBO
- Hormone Health: Adrenal, Thyroid, Sex Hormones
- Detoxification, Mood and Sleep issues
- Lifestyle Counseling / Nutrition
- Chronic Disease Care: Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia
Her other passions include outdoor photography, mountain biking, hiking and camping. She enjoys all these activities while spending time with her husband and two dogs.
Education / Professional Background
- State of Oregon Nurse Practitioner Licensure (2015)
- Frontier Nursing University, Hyden, KY: Family Nurse Practitioner (2014)
- State of Oregon Registered Nurse (2005)
- Oregon Science and Health University, Ashland, OR: Registered Nurse (2005)
- Rogue Community College, Medford, OR: Associate of Arts (2003)
- Member of IFM, The Institute for Functional Medicine (2017)
- Member of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (2015)
Functional Medicine Training
In 2017, Michelle Hirschy-Baker’s post graduate education started with the Institute of Functional Medicine’s rigorous certification program. The IFM is a national and global leader in Functional Medicine education, and “The Functional Medicine Movement”. The certification program includes a week long Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice course, plus six Advanced Practice Modules within seven years from the time of application. Below is Michelle’s certification path:
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice: March 2017
- GI Advanced Practice Module: October 2019
- Detox Advanced Practice Module: October 2018
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module: February 2019
- Immune Advanced Practice Module: February 2019
- Hormone, Energy and Certification: TBD