Dr. Mara Kevan LAc, DACM
Mara is a licensed Acupuncturist and Doctor of Acupuncture + Chinese Medicine, who sees many patients, pediatric through geriatric, with a wide variety of conditions. She completed her Doctoral Program in December of 2018 after practicing as a Licensed Acupuncturist for many years.
Mara offers a lifestyle oriented approach to wellness by employing the methods of acupuncture, Chinese herbal formulas, nutraceutical prescriptions, anti-inflammatory dietary & lifestyle guidance, cupping, guasha, e-stim therapy, neurotransmitter & neurohormone testing, allergy testing/identification/
- Fertility / Infertility
- Pregnancy-related symptoms
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pain & Injury Management
- Fatigue, Stress, Anxiety, Insomnia
- Hormone Health: Menstrual irregularities, Menopause, PMS
- Oncology support: relieving the side effects of chemotherapy & radiation treatments
- Neurological disorders
- Autoimmune disease
In addition to her work in private practice, Mara works in the Integrative Medical Department at St. Charles Cancer Center, supporting oncology patients thru the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
Mära guides patients throughout the world via email, phone support and healthcare packages.
Outside of her busy practice, Mara loves all forms of athletics and outdoor play, spending time with friends & family, critters, organic living, juicing, international & domestic travel, live music events, reading, and all things Vermont, Bend & Central Oregon!
Certification & Education
- Oregon and California State Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Doctor of Acupuncture + Chinese Medicine (DACM) graduate from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in 2018
- NCCAOM Board Certified National Diplomat of Acupuncture: National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine + Chinese Herbalist
- Cum laude Alumni of the University of Vermont with a B.A. degree in Spanish and the honors of an independent project, permanently linking the Language School with the Business School
- Studied at Middlebury College Language School: M.A. program
- Bi-lingual in Spanish & English
- Summa cum laude Alumni of the 4-year Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine program at Five Branches University, Graduate School of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Completion of 2 year externship at an ABORM (American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine) certified practice in San Francisco, specializing in couples fertility and supporting the success of IVF & IUI treatments