Katie Compton FMCHC
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach + Certified Nutrition Specialist
Health Coach and Nutrition Therapy Consultant
Katie is a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach and a Certified Nutrition Specialist Candidate. She is currently earning clinical hours toward completing her certification by working as a nutritional consultant and health coach under the guidance of Dr. Dishman and Dr. Weintrob.
“Food is a powerful medicine that we can use to prevent and treat chronic disease. I believe in transforming our lives through diet and lifestyle in order to reach the highest expression of ourselves.”
Her goal is to work in collaboration with your practitioner in order to provide nutritional and behavioral support throughout your treatment plan. By collecting a detailed nutritional history and performing a nutrition physical exam, Katie will provide you with an individualized nutrition care plan and guidance as you navigate your health journey. In addition to nutritional counseling, Katie believes in providing individuals with mind-body-medicine practices and stress transformation tools in order to reach optimal health and wellness.
Katie is a California native who moved to Bend, three years ago by way of Texas. She has a deep-rooted love for food, especially for gathering friends and family to share a meal. When she isn’t whipping up a new recipe, you kind find her running the trails, reading a good book, cheering on her Baylor Bears, shopping the farmers market, practicing yoga or traveling the world (for food research, of course).
You can follow all of Katie’s cooking adventures on Instagram @aveggietale.
- Nutritional Therapy
- Personalized Meal Planning
- Health Coaching + Lifestyle Counseling
- Mind Body Medicine + Stress Transformation
- Gastrointestinal Health
- Weight Loss + Weight Management
Education / Professional Background
- University of Western States, Portland, OR: Master of Science, Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine (2018)
- Functional Medicine Coaching Academy: Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (2019)
- Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists: In Progress (2019)
- Baylor University, Waco, TX: Bachelor of Arts (2013)
Functional Medicine Training
Katie’s education in Functional Medicine began with her rigorous graduate program at the University of Western States. She also completed her Health Coaching certification through the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. Her post-graduate education continued with the Institute for Functional Medicine. The IFM is a national and global leader in Functional Medicine education, and “The Functional Medicine Movement”. The certification program includes a week long Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice course, plus six Advanced Practice Modules within seven years from the time of application. Below is Katie’s certification path:
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice: September 2019
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module: July 2020
- Energy Advanced Practice Module: July 2020
- GI Advanced Practice Module: TBD
- Detox Advanced Practice Module: TBD
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module: TBD
- Immune Advanced Practice Module: TBD