Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium-chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
- Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
- Strictly hypoallergenic formula free from intact protein, polypeptides, corn, gluten, wheat, soy, and dairy.
- A powdered medical food which is reconstituted in water with a well-tolerated flavor for improved patient adherence
Physicians’ Elemental Diet is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients who have limited or impaired capacity to digest, absorb, or metabolize ordinary foods or certain nutrients. Physicians’ Elemental Diet is a strictly hypoallergenic formula with a well-tolerated flavor.
Physicians’ Elemental Diet is an elemental medical food intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients with gastrointestinal/digestive impairment (GDI) conditions. The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:
- Irritable bowel and Crohn’s disease,1-6
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO),7-9
- Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.3, 10-12
The Physicians’ Elemental Diet formula contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods.
Recommended Dosage: Thoroughly mix each level scoop (36 g) in 3-4 oz. (89-118 mL) cold water**. Consume the mixture slowly over a period of 15 to 60 minutes or more, dependent upon individual comfort. Once mixed, any product that is not consumed after 60 minutes should be refrigerated for a maximum of 24 hours, then shaken or stirred prior to consumption. After opening, store the remaining powder in a dry place at room temperature.
**Meals are based upon 4 scoops = 1 meal
Quantity: 36 servings or 9 meals per container
Does Not Contain: Corn, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, dairy products, fructose, sucrose, lactose, disaccharides, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Cautions: If pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare professional prior to use.